Monday, November 7, 2022

Spicy 5 Bean Chili

Originally from: Husbands that Cook Cookbook
Hot Mama Grade: A

Hot Mama Notes: This is an excellent chili recipe! I am really impressed by how tasty it is! It is easy, but a lot of chopping. Also, it has all the beans!! But they are balanced by the abundance of vegetables. I also added a pound of ground beef. It was a great addition. I will definitely make this recipe again! The kids like it, as well, and that is a tall order!

The only substitution I did was great Northern beans for white navy beans. I served with sour cream, shredded cheddar, and tortilla strips. I omitted the hot pepper, as I worried it would be too hot. I used one can of rotel seasoned tomatoes and one Hunt's first roasted chopped tomatoes. These together with the smoked paprika added lots of great flavors! 

No comments:

Post a Comment