Monday, May 11, 2020

Mason Jar Sangria

Sangria 
1 magnum bottle (Sara used Chardonnay) - one magnum is 2 regular 750 mL wine bottles. 
1 cup vodka
½ cup triple sec
2-7UP or Sprite cans (Sara uses Diet) - 1 can is 12 oz, so 24 oz total, or 3 cups. 
6 oz Pineapple juice
6 oz Orange juice (I used peach nectar) 
Splash of lemon juice
1 can of fruit cocktail (or add your fruits of choice, diced)

This makes about 8-16oz mason jars. Mix all alcohol and juice in a bowl with fruit and put in the frig to soak fruit overnight. Add the sprite right before serving. 

Did you put the whole can of fruit cocktail in the sangria with the syrup? Or did you drain it?  If it's light syrup or fruit juice, I use it all. I think heavy syrup is too sweet. 

Hot Mama Grade: B+

Hot Mama Notes: I would add more fruit (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, maybe watermelon) and/or fruit cocktail, use non-diet pop (sprite or 7 up), and use a sweeter wine (prosecco, reisling, gerwertgiminer, Moscato). :). I would also try peach nectar instead of orange juice. :). This was a fun treat that I took camping. :)

Update - I made 2 batches with reisling and Chardonnay plus a splash of ice wine. I doubled the fruit cocktail and also added fresh blackberries, raspberries, and pineapple. I used sprite.

No comments:

Post a Comment