Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Individual Turkey Meatloaf

Click here for the original URL for this recipe
Below is an excerpt from the above URL.

Ingredients:
  • 2 pounds lean ground turkey
  • 1 whole egg, lightly beaten
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup dry oatmeal or bread crumbs
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 medium onion, finely diced
  • 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
  • 1/4 tsp thyme
  • 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce 
  • 1 tsp vegetable oil 
  • salt and pepper to taste
1. In a small frying pan over medium high heat, gently simmer the diced onion and garlic using the vegetable oil. Cook until onions are translucent, soft, and tender for about 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey, egg, milk, and oatmeal. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add the cooled onion and garlic to the mixing bowl. Combine the Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce.
4. Divide this ground healthy turkey meatloaf into 8 or 10 muffin sections in a lightly oiled muffin pan.
5. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350F to 375F degrees for around 40 minutes. Be sure to use a meat thermometer to check the temperature before removing from oven.

The changes I made to this recipe:
* I used A1 sauce as a substitute since I didn't have any Worcestershire at the time.
* I used olive oil instead of vegetable oil.
* I used dry oatmeal, not bread crumbs.
* I used seasoned salt instead of regular salt.


Also, I don't know what kind of muffin pan they used, but I used a regular 12-count muffin pan, so my individual meat loafs were really more like oversized meat balls.  This recipe made 17 meat balls.  Still, they came out very well, I think.  Tasty.  Most importantly in the review of this recipe... I would make it again!  :)  High praise from me.  I like to *try* lots of recipes, but not always do I want to try them more than once.  :)  And the husband likes them, which is very important.  Even my eldest son liked them, which is always a plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment