Saturday, December 17, 2022

Peppermint Brownies


Originally from Karen M.

Sara’s Peppermint Brownies
Brownie:
2 eggs beaten
1/2 cup nuts
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
2 sq melted chocolate
1/2 tsp peppermint flavoring
Beat together eggs, butter, and sugar. Add in peppermint and chocolate, followed by
flour and nuts. Bake in 8”x8” pan at 350F for 25 minutes. Don’t overbake! Allow
brownies to cool completely before frosting.
-
Frosting
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp cream
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp peppermint flavoring
Green or red food coloring, if desired
Beat together above ingredients, frost brownies in pan, refrigerate before final chocolate
layer.
-
1 square melted chocolate
1 tbsp butter
Melt together butter and chocolate, drizzle evenly over brownies, tip pan around until
completely coated. Refrigerate until chocolate is hardened before cutting.

Hot Mama Grade: A-

Hot Mama Notes: These brownies are very tasty. Intense mint flavor. They are VERY rich. I used pecans as my nuts. I think I might 1.5 or 2x the Frosting next time. Also maybe make the last chocolate layer thicker so it drizzles better. This recipe is not quick and easy, though. Thus A-. It takes a long time to bake, and I baked the brownies WAY longer than 25 minutes. Probably almost 15-20 minutes more. They were full on unbaked when I took them out at 25 minutes.

Maybe next time I will try to cover 100% at the final layer by tipping. I did not use good coloring, but that would be a festive thing to do at Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment