Monday, January 3, 2022

Coconut Cake

From: Will Run for Doughnuts Cookbook by Rachel Wyman

Hot Mama Grade: B

Hot Mama Notes: The flavor of this cake is very good, but it is very rich and heavy. It is a common complaint I have with cakes made from scratch. I guess with 5 sticks of Butter in the recipe, I should expect nothing less. The cake is tasty, and my kids enjoyed it. The frosting is delicious, as well. I needed to let the cake cook more before frosting it, but my kids were antsy to eat the cake, but then the butter cream ends up melting between the layers. The frosting was very easy to work with. I prefer the box cake mixes which are very light and fluffy to any home made cake that I have ever made. Maybe one day I will find one that I can make from scratch and like! 

No comments:

Post a Comment