Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Lisa's Breakfast Casserole

Ingredients:

3 c shredded potatoes, drained & pressed
0.25 c butter, melted
12 oz cheddar cheese, shredded 
0.5 c onion, finely chopped
1 - 16 oz carton of small curd cottage cheese
6 jumbo eggs


Directions:

Preheat oven to 375F.  Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish.  In the prepared baking dish, stir together the shredded potatoes and butter.  Line the bottom and sides of the baking dish with the mixture.  In a bowl, mix the sausage or bacon (or nothing!), cheddar cheese, onion, cottage cheese, and eggs.  Pour over the potato mixture.  Bake for 50 minutes in preheated oven or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the casserole comes out clean.  Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.  You can prepare this dish the night before. 


Hot Mama Grade: A

Hot Mama Notes: Again, I didn't make this recipe, but my friend Lisa brought it to my potluck brunch.  It was fabulous.  I would totally make this!  I loved it!!!  :)  My picky middle kid did not like the shredded potatoes in the casserole, but I thought it was AMAZING!!  Also, this original recipe calls for sausage, but when Lisa brought it to my potluck, it had no meat.  It was excellent with no meat.  Or, as ever, I am preferential to BACON, so I bet this casserole would be great with bacon.  I am not a fan of sausage, so I probably wouldn't put that in. :)  I really liked the cheesy taste of the casserole.  The cottage cheese really makes it creamy and tasty.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment