Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Brazilian Bonbons (Truffles)



Originally found at: http://www.costcoconnection.com/connection/201608?pg=75#pg75

Hot Mama Grade: D

Hot Mama Notes:  I made these for Bunco.  I thought since it was a recipe posted in the Costco Connection, that it was actually published in a magazine, that it would be okay.  Well, it was NOT.  I looked at the recipe (easy!  4 ingredients!), and thought, hmmm, I wonder how that it going to thicken up.  It seems like sweetened condensed milk (liquid at room temperature) and some cocoa and butter.  And I was right.  Even after waiting for longer than 15 minutes.  Even after putting the mixture in the frig, there was NO WAY I could make that liquid mixture into balls for rolling and eating.  So, I added some corn starch.  Still it was not thick enough to roll.  Eventually, I gave up and added a bunch of rice chex cereal and crushed it in there.  At least then it was more like a chunky chocolate rice crispy treat.  But, it wasn't phenomenal.  In fact, I would barely say it was good.  And it was super aggravating because it didn't work the way it was supposed to.  So, no, I would never make this again.  And I would not recommend it to ANYONE.  Shame on Costco for publishing this recipe as usable.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment